You are free to explore our websites without providing any personal information about yourself. When you visit our websites, subscribe to communications, or make a donation, we request that you provide personal information about yourself, and we collect navigational information.
The Wilderness Project Experience collects the following information through our website:
- Information that you provide to us through online forms, which may include your name, address, email address, and phone number, as well as information related to your involvement with The Wilderness Project Experience.
- Navigational information about access to our site, which helps us make our site more useful to visitors. This includes the name of the domain (for example, aol.com) or IP address from which you access the Internet, geographical location, browser type, referral source, the time you access our site, length of visit, pages viewed, and the address of the website from which you linked to our site.
- Information that you provide to us when making an online donation.
- When you use our services or view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times, and referring website addresses. This information may be used by The Wilderness Project Experience for the operation and quality of our services to you, and to provide general statistics regarding use of The Wilderness Project Experience Website. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to personal information such as name, email address, address, and phone number
The Wilderness Project Experience never sells your personal information to any third party. The Wilderness Project Experience may occasionally shares information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing payments, and communications.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing our websites and our services to you;
- Send information to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our organization;
- Promote use of our services to you and share promotional and informational content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- Meet legal requirements.
The Wilderness Project Experience sends the following types of emails:
- Blog Articles that are random. Sometimes daily, sometimes weekly, sometimes monthly. These articles will include website feature updates, project updates and Christian themed devotions from our blog.
- Resource notices and content updates as new material is either added or updated on the website. Content will generally be focused on digital resources in the area of videos, downloadable materials and other basic content that members may find of value.
- Product emails related to products and materials being sold by, or through, The Wilderness Project Experience. These products may consist of books and other items that The Wilderness Project Experience determines may be of interest.
Links to Other Sites
We will offer links to other websites. Please note: When you click on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.
The Wilderness Project Experience is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Many websites place cookies on your hard drive. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Your browser can refuse all cookies, or show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.