The Wilderness Project Experience
Thanks for visiting the media area for The Wilderness Project Experience. We take your time very seriously and don’t believe in wasting one second. If you’re interested in scheduling an interview please complete this form.
If you’re on a deadline, include your phone number and our team will call you back quickly.
Below you’ll find an outline of this media kit. It’s been designed for easy navigation, so you can get what you need quickly. I look forward to connecting with you.
Outline of The Wilderness Project Experience Media Area
What is The Wilderness Project Experience?
The Wilderness Project Experience is a supporting resource that expands on the biblical principals and concepts used by the character Steve as he is accompanied by Shepherd in “Breaking Free From the Shadows“, Book 1 of The Wilderness Project book series. But it is also much more than that, it is an environment full of resources tailored specifically for men who are seeking answers about their identity and purpose in Christ. This is an opportunity resource for you to participate in an experience to help gain insight and solutions on how to look into themselves, look into their past, and view their heritage with a new set of eyes and ears. It is an environment for men to network and meet with other guys, just like them. Everything we do is scripturally focused, scripturally based, and focused on the heart of the man. We don’t want to mold you or make you to be just like us, we want you to become who God intended you to be, just like He created you. We are on a Search and Rescue mission, for the heart of the Christ Warrior inside of you. The next Soldier for God.
We refer to this as an experience because, while the quest is the same, the path and the journey is different for every man. We want to help men break free from their shadows and find the River in the wilderness wasteland.
“Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:19)
What members will gain…
Within the book, Breaking Free From the Shadows, the main character Steve uses visions to experience his journey and relive past experiences in order to understand how he was wounded in his life “Before Christ”. He would not be able to do this if he were not able to hear God’s voice and experience visions. Secondly, Steve is guided and mentored by Shepherd, who represents the Holy Spirit. Together, they discuss and share insights, face to face, in a location that is Steve’s secret place.
The Wilderness Project Experience will give you:
- Access to an environment of men who are, just like you.
- Knowledge on the concept of Salvation, Repentance, and Forgiveness.
- Knowledge and information on how to journal.
- Knowledge on prayer.
- How to read and ponder – not study – the Bible and use it as a Sword.
- Background on how I wrote the book, so that you too can write your own story.
- Access to videos and downloadable materials that will help you accomplish what Steve did:
- Understand how to hear God’s voice.
- Understand the concept of visions and how God uses vision as a method of communication.
- Understand the idea of a Secret Place, a location where you can commune with God, face to face.
- Access to a tested list of recommended books and resources.
- Regularly scheduled coaching calls, to serve and assist you on your Wilderness journey.
- Regularly scheduled Bible studies that are live, but also recorded for future viewing.
New and revised content and materials will be added sporadically with notifications sent out to all subscribers and members.
“Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.” (1 Peter 1:13)
What members will need…
The Wilderness Project Experience is first and foremost a Christian and faith based organization. Members gain access to resources to help them learn their identity and purpose in Christ, to help them in their walk with Christ. This does require that the member have a belief in Christ and have accepted Him as their Lord and Savior.
However, we also want to reach out to those who are seekers or skeptics, those who are open to the idea that Christ may exist and are prepared to take the next step and learn more about who He is, through the testimonies and experiences of other men. The videos, tutorials, and downloadables may provide “knowledge”, but true transformation happens in the heart, and most of this happens via relationships with other men.
When I was in the military we had a saying of “Bottom Line Up Front”. What is the bottom line? The bottom line is that without a belief in Christ, most of the material found within The Wilderness Project Experience will not operate in the man’s life. Men will get out of it what they want to get out of it, but also by the quality time they put into it. However, we also believe in the Supernatural – some men may be touched by the material and find it operating in their life without them realizing it. Love is the medicine that conquers all.
- A belief in Christ, that He died for your sins, that He rose from the dead, and that He is currently sitting in the Throne room with the Father. For skeptics and seekers, at least the idea that He is possible.
- An open heart and open mind (mandatory) – without it, you will find it difficult, if not impossible, for the materials to operate in your life.
- A journal (mandatory) – I will show you how to journal and why it is paramount to journal.
- A Bible (mandatory) – whatever translation you prefer, in print or electronic.
- A Concordance (optional) (i.e., Strongs) – it will be of great help as some of the materials in this program will reference original Greek and Hebrew word choices in Scripture
- A copy of Breaking Free From the Shadows (optional) – I will use the book as a reference throughout the videos and some of the downloadable materials; however, you may still glean some insight without the book.
“So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.” (James 4:17)
Sample Interview Questions
Sound like a pro, even if you are not a member…yet.
- In 90 seconds, what is The Wilderness Project Experience?
- You intend to write two books under The Wilderness Project series paradigm. Book 1 – Breaking Free From the Shadows, will be published in the Fall 2020. In 60 seconds, what is Breaking Free From the Shadows about?
- The book reveals a path to finding good out of the bad … built around a man’s self discovery of his Identity and Purpose. Tell us more about how this ties back to The Wilderness Project Experience
- Members will gain personal insight into their journey through the Wilderness. How do you feel your background and experience play a part in how you coach other men through the program?
- What do you consider to be the most important parts of The Wilderness Project Experience?
- Sounds like you are convinced that you can help men discover and heal from past heart wounds, to discover who they are and their purpose through story telling. Do you think this process of sharing and telling stories will work for everyone?
- What are your expectations for The Wilderness Project Experience?
Where are the men?
Too many men are searching for light in the darkness, identity out of contradiction, purpose out of irrelevance, and a path out of the uncertainty.
Men are on a quest for their story within “The Story”.
- Too many men are leaving the church. Men don’t understand where they fit in the church, much less Christianity.
- Too many men are going to church to “check the box”.
- Men have come to believe that no one can love them, not even the church. They believe they are unloveable.
- Men have come to believe that their past will never allow them to get into heaven, so why bother. They believe their past is unforgiveable.
- Some men come to Christ for the wrong reason and with the wrong motives.
- Some men are still walking around with heart wounds that have not healed. This is impeding their walk and making them feel unworthy.
Men have been taught questionable theology.
- Some men believe while it is not clear to them what they believe and why they believe it.
- Some men believe they lose their masculinity when becoming a Christian.
- Men do not understand the truth about repentance; it is more than saying “I’m sorry!”
- Some men believe they will be forced to change. They don’t understand the difference between condemnation and conviction.
Men have gotten into the habit if “mansplaining”.
- Men say that they don’t have time to read the Bible because of work commitments and family time.
- Men seem to think that forgiveness means they will forget.
- Men believe they will be judged and criticized by the church for things they enjoy.
- Men are sick and tired of gossip within the church family.
Let us know what you think…
To leave a comment or ask questions, please click on the Wilderness Project Experience image below and fill out our Contact Form. If you have not already done so, consider joining the tribe..