The Equality Act, as it supposedly called, is legislation that members of Congress have been attempting to pass for several years; it is not new legislation. While purporting to enforce equality, it comes at the cost of forcing a square peg into a round hole, and some members of Congress will do whatever it takes to make that round hole a square. It states that it is attempting to recognize gender equality while ironically discriminating against genders. It opens the door to discrimination where discrimination does not exist while simultaneously forcing lifestyle choices and belief systems into the livelihoods of others while disallowing the lifestyle choices and belief systems of others. It is not just an issue for faith based religions, it is an issue for women in general. But, make no mistake, this legislation is an affront to God but as Representative Jerry Nadler, Chairmen of the Judicial Committee stated, God’s will has no place in Congress.
For those that believe in the Bible (which I pray we all do) – We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. If we truly believe in the bible, then we have no doubt that the bible is the inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
If we believe in the Bible, then it goes without saying that we value God’s Word– “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock” (Matt 7:24). The Bible is the most important authority in all areas of faith. Through our understanding and application of the scriptures, we can know God and His truth, experience changed lives, and grow in spiritual maturity. If the above is accurate for all concerned, then you may want to be aware of the “Equality Act of 2021”. The House of Representatives (pushed via the liberal agenda) is sponsoring a new bill referred to as the “Equality Act” (H.R.2282; S.1006).The purpose of the Equality Act is to provide consistent and explicit non-discrimination protections for LGBTQ people across key areas of life, which include:
- public spaces and services,
- federally funded programs,
- jury service.
The Equality Act would amend existing civil rights law—including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Fair Housing Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Jury Selection and Services Act, and several laws regarding employment with the federal government—to explicitly include sexual orientation and gender identity as protected characteristics. Bottom line is that this resolution is intended to protect LGBTQ from discrimination for employment, services from anyone, access to bathrooms of choice, and federal recognition of gender choice. Simultaneously, it does discriminate against those who believe in God and Jesus Christ. While it does not get as much attention, this legislation also discriminates against other religions such as Islan and Hindi.
It is not my desire to offend or insult those that consider themselves a part of the LGBTQ community; nor is it my personal desire to sow chaos in an argumentative and hostile way. However, I can also not shy away from the truth as I know it to be. I recognize that those that support this bill do not believe in God, or, if they believe in God they do not fear Him. I recognize that people have freedom of choice while simultaneously recognizing that God has given man a free will. I cannot remove God from this story as He is the largest part of my life, but, let’s view this from a secular perspective.
- Biological males would be free to compete as woman in women’s sports. Women will pay a large price.
- Our children, primarily girls, will be in danger from men who use female locker rooms and bathrooms. In this case, I am referring to men who are pedophiles, do not view themselves as women, who will abuse this law to execute their evil desires.
- This bill supports the rights of pedophiles and those who practice bestiality. Bestiality is a practice known to spread deadly diseases and is, therefore, a health hazard.
For those that are LGBTQ, this would be a blessing as many feel that they have been disenfranchised or hurt based on current policies and regulations. For supporters of LGBTQ, this might make sense; but, our focus should NOT be on the leaven of Herod, but on the leaven of His Kingdom. As we know, the leaven of Herod involves an exalting of civil law above God’s moral law – putting man’s law above God’s law.
Here are what the perceived impacts to Religious Liberties of those of faith as it applies to the First Amendment:
- It would penalize Americans who don’t affirm new sexual norms or gender ideology. Phillips (the cake baker in Colorado) is just one of many Americans who have lost income because of their belief that marriage is between one man and one woman. Others cases involve florists, bakers, photographers, wedding venue owners, videographers, web designers, calligraphers, and public servants. These cases are just the beginning. The same policies used to silence disagreement over marriage can be used to silence disagreement over the biological reality of sex.
- It would compel speech. A VA county school board voted unanimously to fire a veteran teacher over the objections of his students after he refused to comply with administrators’ orders to use masculine pronouns in referring to a female student who identifies as transgender. Vlaming did his best to accommodate the student without violating his religious belief that God created human beings male and female, using the student’s new name and simply refraining from using pronouns altogether. Unfortunately, the school still considered this a violation of its anti-discrimination policy.
- It could shut down charities. In Philadelphia, just days after the city put out an urgent call for 300 additional families to foster children, the city halted child placements by Catholic Social Services because of the organization’s belief that every child deserves both a mother and a father. Most of these children still languish without foster parents.
- It would allow more biological males to defeat girls in sports. Any disagreements to this? Some communities are now moving to completely remove sports from high schools and community recreation activities.
- It could be used to coerce medical professionals. Medical professionals would be pressured to treat patients according to ideology rather than their best medical judgment. Christians Doctors will be in jeopardy.
- It could lead to more parents losing custody of their children. This has already happened. In Ohio, a judge removed a biological girl from her parents’ custody after they declined to help her “transition” to male with testosterone supplements. Similar cases are proceeding through the courts with children as young as 6 years old.
- It would enable sexual assault. A complaint under investigation by federal education officials alleges that a boy who identifies as “gender fluid” at Oakhurst Elementary School in Decatur, Georgia, sexually assaulted Pascha Thomas’ 5-year-old daughter in a girls’ restroom. The boy had access to the girls’ restroom because of Decatur City Schools’ transgender restroom policy. A federal sexual orientation and gender identity law would give male sexual predators who self-identify as females access to private facilities, increasing the likelihood of these tragic incidents. The school has refused to amend their policy.
If you have a desired position on this matter, I would highly encourage you to reach out to your House of Representative person and inform them of your position. You can find your representative at the following: https://www.house.gov. Let your representative know of your position.
As liberals control the House, this will very likely make it to the Senate. If you oppose this action, you may also want to let your Senator know of your position on this. You can find your senator at: https://www.senate.gov/senators/index.htm